Please login or register. April 21, 2014, 01:41:12 AM

Author Topic: RSS feeds  (Read 1635 times)

Lin Robinson

RSS feeds
« on: July 30, 2009, 03:39:56 PM »
This is a major tool I find really exciting, but it gets hard to figure it out.  Especially if you're not on wordpress or some software with RSS plugins.

Even then... "This plug-in helping you have feedburner it is."  But no clue on how to hook feedburner up.

So... feedburner,  add any,  google pipes... what's the hot set up?  Any tutorials out there that actually make sense to non-geeks?

Richard

• Administrator
  • Where Ever u go there you are.
    • Every Writers Resource
Re: RSS feeds
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 08:35:44 PM »
RSS feeds are great. Feedburner really does all the work for you, if you have blog or a site that generates RSS. Most blogs do. Usually the only thing you need to do is find the url of your RSS. You to to feedburner and paste that url into the field they give you. It will generate a code, and you put that code into your blog. There are many other services too, but feedburner, I think, gives you the most options.

Adoro Cyberlit

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 10:48:09 PM »
Have you done any monetizing of the feed, Richard?

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 11:31:22 PM »
Yes, we do have some Rss feeds set up. If you use google adsense, it very easy to do. Basically a click of the button and you have your feed set up with ads. There are other ways, but this is the easiest.

Lin Robinson

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 03:13:45 AM »
I looked at that, even have a feedburner account, but can't seem to figure it out, either.

Has anybody done Google Pipes,  or figured how to feed more than one blog as a single feed?

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 04:02:32 AM »
I haven't tried Google pipes or how to merge different RSS feeds. I know you can, I just haven't done it.