Please login or register. April 21, 2014, 01:40:45 AM

Author Topic: Lulu "retires" IRWCB as eBook  (Read 235 times)

RLB Hartmann

Lulu "retires" IRWCB as eBook
« on: September 05, 2011, 09:08:12 PM »
Lulu now wants $$ to make IRWCB into a "suitable" eBook (never mind that THEY are the ones who made the UNsuitable file).

So I saw a "delete" button next to my so-called eBook file, and hit it. Here's the message they sent back at once:

"Please confirm that you want to delete the following projects:
I Rode With Cullen Baker: A Tale of Romance and Adventure : A Novel"   

I Confirmed Deletion (twice), and here's what they told me:

"The following projects were retired because they could not be deleted:
I Rode With Cullen Baker: A Tale of Romance and Adventure : A Novel"

So I'm assuming that being retired means they will eventually take it off my page (since I forgot to do that before logging out), or flash some "not available" message at anyone who TRIES to order the eBook version. I hope it doesn't also mean that they have a stranglehold on a file that presumably isn't fit for eBook status (THEIR file, remember), stowed away in some morgue for failed eBook files.

Other than the fact that the files for BOTH my books at Lulu were made by me the same way, another irony is that THEY made the "we will convert your books for free and market them to 100,000 people via every conceivable i-device (except Nook)" offer, careful to avoid making the approved device page understandable enough for me to try marketing the eBooks myself.