Please login or register. April 23, 2014, 01:22:21 PM

Author Topic: Submit your work challenge  (Read 1928 times)

Richard

• Administrator
  • Where Ever u go there you are.
    • Every Writers Resource
Submit your work challenge
« on: April 25, 2009, 10:13:13 PM »
Well, we are headed into summer, and I plan on running another at the end of summer (traditional time when lit mags take work). Here's the challenge, submit 5 pieces of your work for publication by June 20! List the publications you have submitted to here! You are shooting for 5. If you decide that you want to be part of this challenge post "Took the Submissions Challenge 0" in your sig. Start at 0 and to to 5. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 10:42:56 PM by Richard »

Father Luke

Re: Submit your work challenge
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 07:51:37 PM »
Done.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

Father Luke

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 07:57:52 PM »
The small Press being what it is, I'm assuming that online publications are kosher.

And while I have not properly submitted to both of them,
on one I was approached to be published, I assume that's all good?

The Rusty Truck wanted to publish me:

Here:

http://rustytruck.wordpress.com/2009/04/28/two-poems-by-father-luke/

And nibble poetry has published one of my submissions.
nibble poetry is here:

http://nibblepoems.wordpress.com/

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

jpd

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 02:58:42 AM »
I enjoy lyrics or poems that are not wasteful with their words.   Some people obscure their writing with the words they choose.  The poetry linked above is simple and direct, and having talked online with the Father I know he is NOT a simple man, but is a thinking one and a complex one.   I was very surprised by his writing!  It expresses pure and understandable emotions, easy to read, and delivered in an uncluttered way.   It resonates, at least with me.

Nicely done!

Father Luke

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 03:23:49 AM »

jpd

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 09:43:55 PM »
This was the topic I had wanted to reply to Father Luke a few weeks ago but I couldn't find the post for the past two weeks...   Did I go blind?

I liked both songs that I could play...  although I couldn't play "Insurance Man Blues" for some reason.   Nice clean recordings too.   Nothing fancy, just music and words, but they are all that's needed for these songs / stories.

What IS music, after all?   Why do we do write the stuff?   FL, thanks for posting the link, and sorry it took so long reply to it!