Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 08:09:33 AM

Author Topic: My new novel about Mexican politics, journalism, carnival, murder and baseball  (Read 1141 times)

Lin Robinson

It's a kind of political murder mystery.  (Though political murders in Mexico are seldom very mysterious and everybody Mundo talks to confesses to killing the Mayor)

It's a kind of romance, unrequited love achieved... but then what?

It's kind of humorous (and not the nasty humor you probably expect :-)

It's kind of a travelogue... Mazatlan carnival and Mexican journalism.

Kind of a baseball book... we don't actually see a game played, but sports has molded these characters for life and the topic is always right there.

It's even got a thematic image, hey.  There's a point when the velocity of the ball is cancelled out by the stroke of the bat.  A point when there is not motion at all... then things go back the other way.   Mundo Carrasco's life was defined by that timeless moment of a famous hit.  Now he's acheived everything he didn't dare dream of... and the second it's his, it starts to move away.

It's a book chicks like as much as guys... Mundo is quite a guy.

What can I say?   Buy a dozen.

Richard

• Administrator
  • Where Ever u go there you are.
    • Every Writers Resource
Lin, I think your post is awesome. I don't know about buying a dozen, but I'll check it out. I'm also impressed by the artwork you included. The sites are well, killer.

Lin Robinson

Well thank you very much for the kind words, Richard.

You're talking about all the info on Mazatlan and stuff, right?   I wondered if anybody would go over there.

That's a Joomla CMS site, by the way.

My advice to anybody is NOT TO USE CMS apps like Joomla or Nuke or whatever.   It's much easier, less hair-tearing, and more user-friendly to just set up a blog on a good platform like WordPress or Nucleus, then fiddle with it.