Please login or register. April 20, 2014, 04:54:57 AM

Author Topic: The boards  (Read 1681 times)

Richard

• Administrator
  • Where Ever u go there you are.
    • Every Writers Resource
The boards
« on: July 17, 2009, 01:46:17 AM »
Okay, I'm going to try something new with the board. Yes, above there is a an ad. I'm sorry about it, but just trying to support the site and forum. If it is too much, say something, and I'll change it or move it, or go without. Second, I've changed the theme back to the old theme, I think a couple of our members were correct and the other theme just wasn't working.

Lastly, I haven't been on the boards a lot lately, and I'm sorry about that. A lot has been happening in the real world I needed to address. I hope to be here much more now. I also checked the stats today, and it seems that the boards are still doing great in traffic. Something like 1500 views a day. It's crazy that a forum gets so much traffic, and so little participation. If you are reading this, please add something for us.

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
Re: The boards
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 05:16:31 PM »
Okay, yeah, the ads suck, so I took them down. Sorry. I thought I would try it and they've wouldn't be that bad, they ARE bad. Sorry guys!

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 11:43:33 PM »
I'm really sorry to anyone who was on the boards today. It might have gotten a little crazy at times. The theme has changed about 20 times today I know. I think we'll stick with this one for a while. I hope you like the new theme.

wilddaisy666

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 07:56:53 AM »
I do like it. It's much much sexier than the old theme. And if jpd comes across this post, I will be Continuing our story soon I just have mega writer's block!!

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 04:37:36 PM »
When I have had writers block, I go somewhere I haven't been before, and it goes away. Like a hotel lobby, just sit and wait.

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 04:40:11 PM »
Oh, and thanks about the board. I don't think jpd will like it. He usually don't like change. I'm not sure I like the colors. I hope it's not too hard to read. I think it is easier to find stuff though.

The other day I went through like 10 themes, whoever was on the board at the time had vertigo I'm sure.

jpd

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 05:39:51 PM »
It a took a while to realize that the board had changed-  I thought I was looking at a blank page before I realized that those microscopic blue smudges--  the size of a single pixel-- were actually our topics!   I LIKE change, but like to be able to see what I'm doing too!

Daisy-  I'm looking forward to your next post.  I hope I didn't kill the story by turning the tables on Baxter, but he was getting a little over-confident.   Maybe now Jane returns from the hospital with evil plans for Dick AND the cat?   And do we really know for sure that Spot is dead?   Maybe the vet made a tragic mistake and euthanized the wrong patient?      Or start a new thread!

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 07:23:23 AM »
I knew you wouldn't like it! I knew it!I'll look at other themes with bigger type. I thought it was a little hard the read (kicks at the floor) well I'll keep looking.

jpd

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 12:33:49 AM »
Black words on white background always seemed to work for the past 500 years.  12 pt fonts work.  Courier fonts work...

LOL-  you guessed my answer alright!   But you also know that the current board is getting more traffic than the old board and that I was wrong and you were right to make the change!

People seem to like change.  I am one person.  Who am I to resist change?

Just wish i could see the topics!

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 03:03:37 AM »
Yes! Being able to see the words is a plus! The traffic is up. It's doing great, but the posts are down. Were at about 1000 visits a day by my stats finder, but we are at about 3 posts a day. It doesn't make any sense. I have know idea what's going on with the web or the boards right now. Everything is up and down, and it doesn't seem to make any sense.

Does this make any sense, I get emails from people about topics on this boards? WHY WOULDN'T THEY JUST POST SOMETHING!

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 08:53:38 PM »
A mistake on my part, and I'm not even sure what I did, has change the font and type in the board messages to a larger size! I hope it is change for the better. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

jpd

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 09:39:29 PM »
Howdy-  the link from EWR to the message boards didn't work for me this evening, and I got here by going to the 'site map' for EWR and then finding a message board link there.   The link on the front-page of EWR didn't seem to work, but you may have been editing it at the time I logged in...

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 04:23:13 AM »
Crap, thanks for reminding me! I was doing an edit, and forgot to go back and fix it. I think it's fixed.