Please login or register. April 21, 2014, 03:57:13 AM

Author Topic: And you thought the Kindle was expensive  (Read 1515 times)

Richard

• Administrator
  • Where Ever u go there you are.
    • Every Writers Resource
And you thought the Kindle was expensive
« on: March 29, 2009, 02:20:55 AM »
http://www.frontech.fujitsu.com/en/release/20090318.html The Fujitsu Frontech will go on sale April 20th for 99,970 yen. That's more than 1000$. I guess magazines and newspapers will like it, but how many subscriptions can I get for 1000$?

Lin Robinson

Re: And you thought the Kindle was expensive
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 05:28:21 PM »
That's pretty weird, all right.   It might be like some of those European ones that sell for $600,  used by professional editors and/or people with visual problems, but not much of a shot at mass purchase.

(Hell it might be for rich Japanese egomaniacs who pay $3000 for new edition Addidas shoes and such.  Flog it to the sariman collectors for a grand, then bring out something for the subway readers)

Richard

• Administrator
  • Where Ever u go there you are.
    • Every Writers Resource
Re: And you thought the Kindle was expensive
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 05:39:25 PM »
My eyes bugged out  :o when I saw 1000 for a color reader! They are pushing it. Maybe someone will buy it OR maybe when it comes to the states the price will drop???

I do want to say, that reading Time Magazine, or USA Today on a reader in color would be very cool. I hate reading them on line because of the all the ads. I think Time magazine has more ads on it, online than any other website. They are as bad as spammers. Every 5 seconds you get a pop up asking for something, and then they wonder why people would rather come to their site through Huffington.com.