Please login or register. April 17, 2014, 02:28:24 PM

Author Topic: Shameless Promo: Poster Contest!  (Read 5707 times)

Richard

• Administrator
  • Where Ever u go there you are.
    • Every Writers Resource
Re: Shameless Promo: Poster Contest!
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 07:22:05 AM »
I didn't mean it and I think Jpd didn't mean our responses to be mean. He has just been around EWR for a long time, and we've seen a lot of people come and go and many complain about the lack of interest or posting. 50-70,000 people stop by EWR each month (not all on the boards of course), but very few want to get involved for any other reason than to promote themselves or their projects. That's okay in the sense that that is what EWR is for. It's to promote writers and writing, but when so many are using the site to promote themselves and so few are giving back to community, it's hard when the site is criticized for not having much participation. Everyone stops by to look, but no one wants to speak up. It gets frustrating, and then when someone makes a comment a lot of that frustration is shown. So it wasn't directed so much at you as it was directed at those who take and do not want to give. You're giving! So thanks.

jpd

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 09:06:15 PM »
Ditto-  I was also being sincere that any comment left here (other than spam) is a meaningful post.    But I know my tone can sometime put people off, so I throw in a dose of silliness in the hopes that people realize I'm not taking myself too seriously.

Glad you came back, Miss Daisy!   

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 09:10:53 PM »
I like how you are taking the nicknames and changing them to other nicknames...I think I should make another post on the subject, nicknames for the nicknames of members or something like that.

jpd

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 09:56:36 PM »
I'm getting closer to the magic number of 150 posts, but truthfully, I've got nothing I need to promote.   I'm here for fun and friendship, not to pitch anything, so I'm opting out of this contest.    That way others, who have a real need to promote their work, will have a fair shot at the contest.   

But I've got five bucks that says Daisy666 wins the prize, and overtakes Lin in the home-stretch...    Sorry Lin, but kids these days type awful fast, don't they?

JPD  (Jackass Posting Daily)

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 01:20:57 AM »
That so can't be your nickname. I've been wondering for over a year what the letters stood for. I figured you'd tell, in your own time, but I didn't think it'd be something like that!

wilddaisy666

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 06:54:04 AM »
I sure can type fast JPD! :D And my posts just hit double digits. Ha ha ha :D
I will start to contribute more, I think. I'm really slack right now o_O

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 06:57:28 AM »
Good to see you on the board, good luck in the contest.

jpd

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 01:07:33 AM »
That so can't be your nickname. I've been wondering for over a year what the letters stood for. I figured you'd tell, in your own time, but I didn't think it'd be something like that!

It's top secret, Richard.   (The secret is revealed in my auto-signature)

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 02:10:09 AM »
Will read on.

gedefew

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2012, 05:02:28 AM »
 I will only feature artistic related content. Calzoncillos Calvin KleinI will not review a site for new shoes or loan services, or other sites that are not writing or art related. I will also not review any site that is inappropriate.

JoneaAbrsham

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 12:37:59 PM »
I like how you are getting the nicknames and modifying them to other nicknames...I think I should create another publish on the topic, nicknames for the nicknames of associates or something like that.

baileyrgr

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2013, 08:05:42 AM »
You certainly have advertised! I'll post a lot more down the line.  I might imagine that'd you'd like Literary Mary to magnificence the front page of EWR, but it really can feel some kind of extra website, should you decide want. I will pm you this night along with prepared anything upwards.

andrewlogan09

• Discount Mattress
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2013, 05:54:10 AM »
Rich, I'm not so sure a forum needs to be marketed, or at least the aspect of EWR that is ideal for informal discussions and "lounge gossip."   The 50 percent that is used for advertising and social media for writers-- absolutely!    Enhance away!   You have a excellent mix of subjects here, I think.
Andrew Logan