Ariba Book Publishers
From the publisher
ABOUT ARIBA BOOK PUBLISHERS
Started and registered in 2014, Ariba Book Publishers is a publishing company that aims at contributing in education both in and outside the confines of learning institutions by churning out quality reading materials to enhance the best reading culture both for purposes of improvement in academic performance and literary and linguistic development.
We started by investing in creative writing that enabled us to publish a number of story books, both in Swahili and English then ventured in course books due to the growing demands for the exam oriented reading materials.
To help talented writers who could not access the publishing services in traditional publishing companies, we introduced a self-publishing department alongside our traditional publishing trends which emphasizes on a cost sharing approach that has seen many writers realize their dreams.
AribaBP now boasts of over ten titles on bookshelves nationwide and on online platforms e.g Amazon.
Traditional publishing services
Based on content strategy that gives a clear picture of readers’ demands, we publish contents on a call for submission basis. Authors of approved contents sign a contract agreement with Ariba Book Publishers and earn royalties depending on sales of their published contents as stipulated in the contract agreement.
The notion that self-published books are substandard is a fallacy, worsened by authority figures in the publishing industry who reject self-published books in opportunities that require presence of published authors or contents. The quality of published works depend entirely on editorial team and professional personnel involved in the publishing process. We’ve had numerous cases of published contents produced by traditional publishing outlets displaying substandard quality and self-published books on the other hand that’d do better if given an opportunity. Inasmuch as we appreciate traditional publishing efforts that have dominated and done a wonderful job in the publishing industry for centuries, Ariba Book Publishers believe in providing space for creators of contents that never had an opportunity to access traditional publishing services NOT because they’re bad but rejection particularly of unsolicited manuscripts depends on a number of factors including logistical preparedness.
The bad image in the self-publishing industry
Money centric self-publishing companies and sell-me-quick writers who avoid essential publishing procedures contribute a lot to the poor quality of published works that have painted self-publishing solutions in bad light. Self-publishing companies should have a clear outline on the logistics behind professional editing services on condition that hired editors are directly responsible for poor quality resulting from grammatical errors of published works.
To combat quality disparities between traditionally published and self-published books, Ariba Book Publishers makes it clear to authors in the contract agreement risks of avoiding professional editing services and invests at large on best quality of self-published books to ensure good returns for authors who decide to use this solution after failing to get a space in the traditional publishing world. The company includes the names of professional editors on the copyright page of books that have gone through this process but books not professionally edited bear no name of editors.
• To be the leading publishing company thriving in both local and international markets.
• To be a multimillionaire company increasing its profits at high rates in every financial year.
• To act as the wellspring of knowledge generating reading materials that attracts massed audience both locally and globally.
• To give platform to potential writers disadvantaged by the lopsided publishing opportunities and help them realize their dreams.
• To be the leading employer of aggressive citizens skilled in writing and publishing related activities and other available opportunities.
• To be the role model in entrepreneurial achievements, leading in the business fraternity globally.
• To demonstrate the importance of adherence to the rule of law in all our business activities.
• To accept and publish all genres of manuscripts with proof of positive values to the reading community.
• Embrace and nurture writers from all walks of life with an aptitude to write engaging reading materials, offer competent publishing services and empower their author status by releasing their products to the book market, promote work both printed and on online channels to steer them to stardom.
• To submit all the books published by AribaBP for evaluation by Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) and further inclusion in the Orange Book-Kenya and other platforms recommended by the Ministry of Education in other states.
We do as we agree and deliver as we promise in regard to time and quality.
We hire the expertise of the staff trained and certified in their respective fields of service delivery.
We highly observe code of ethics in every aspect of service delivery.
We produce products competent enough to pass through the sieves of the most serious vetting panels
• Customer focus
We give priority to our employer, the customer and act with speed and determination to deliver services with an approach that will keep the customer coming for more.
Our self-publishing services accept submissions of all types all year round unless too controversial for public consumption. The traditional publishing wing accepts submissions on a call for submissions announcement that comes with the specifications for types of submissions wanted and deadline for submissions. Traditional publishing is done free of charge and authors earn royalties in accordance with the contract agreement.
We accept submissions by Email as Ms Word documents. Those who want to submit by other means must contact us by sending a request to; email@example.com
What forms of writing are you looking for? Non-Fiction, Fiction, Poetry, Short Stories
Editors Name Verah Omwocha
Year Founded 2014
Does the Press Accept: Online Submissions, Unsolicited Submissions
Ebook or Print? Both
Do your charge for any services? Yes
Submission Guideline URL http://aribabp.com/submissions
Address P.o box 503-Siaya-Kenya
New Lucky Summer School, Lucky Summer Estate-Nairobi-Kenya
Nairobi, Nairobi 40600
Category Book Publishing Company