Welcome to our Children’s Book Publishing Companies list! We are still building our book list. Keep checking back for more. If you are a publisher, click here to list with us. We are expanding this list, as you can see. We are always looking for more publishers. Also, if you are here, we know you are looking to publish a book (most likely). We hope you find a publisher here.
Children’s book publishers are viral these days. Make sure you do your research. This list is to direct you to a publisher, but we can only sometimes verify what the quality of the publisher might be. Publishing has always been a risky business, and just because we live in an age of the internet doesn’t mean that anything has changed regarding publishing.
We have spent the time and energy to write a children’s book; you have to know the value of your product. Here are a few tips and pointers to help your publishing journey.
There are some simple things you should do before you publish your book. Here are just a few things to consider. We may add more later, but we want to give you some things to think about.
1. Make sure you research the publisher you are looking at to publish your book. There are 100s of children’s book publishers on the web, and you should know that many large publishing houses do not take unsolicited books. They want an agent to contact them. These publishers, generally large publishers, are looking for a vetted book. This does not mean you have to have an agent; many successful authors publish without one, but it is something to consider.
2. Make sure the publisher publishes children’s books like yours. You can look up sales on publishers. See what they are selling the most. If a publisher sells millions of DIY books but is publishing children’s books on the side, your book may need more attention.
3. Children’s book publishing tends to be more difficult than other types because of the large amount and printed pictures. The production cost can be very high, so make sure the publisher you go with has some experience in publishing children’s books.
4. Ask an author that has published with the publisher you are looking at. Many authors have websites, and it is an excellent idea to contact an author who has already published with the publisher. Then ask about their experience. Is the publisher respectable?
5. In today’s world, publishing a book is sometimes tricky. Selling a book promoting a book is generally what makes book successful, so do some research and see if the publisher does marketing. Do they sell many books? Will your book be in bookstores?
6. Is the publisher an eBook publisher only? Do they publish a mix of different platforms? Make sure that the way the publisher is publishing books gives your book the best chance for success.
7. Do not pay to have your book read. Publishers that sell many books will read your book for free because they will make money off the book, not the author.
8. Ask about copies. Ask about book readings. Will the publisher set up assignments and give you copies?
9. Know that small book publishing differs from large book publishing. If you are having trouble getting your book published by a large publishing house, look at a smaller publisher to get your book published and then sign with an agent.
10. Keep trying. Send your book to many researched publishers. You don’t have to go with the first publishing house that says yes. Always look for the best deal.
11. If you don’t feel comfortable with the publisher or feel that they are unrepeatable or not the place for you, find a different publisher.
12. As for your writing, keep reading. Even when you have a book finished and are shopping it to publishers, keep writing, and write another. Do not stop.
Please get in touch with the publisher if you have a question about the information listed here. Please get in touch with our admin if you have a general question about the listing. If you want to publish works with Children’s Books, or publishers concerned with a children’s audience, these listings may help you.
Children’s book publishers will always have a special place on our site. We were one of the first sites to list children’s publishers, and it’s one of our favorite listings. It is a challenge for anyone to publish a book, and those publishing children’s books have, I believe, an even more difficult time. The production of these books can be costly. We hope these listings help you, and I hope you find the publisher to help you achieve great success.
Please remember that you can visit our homepage and find articles on writing, publishing, and more. We also have more book publisher listings in many different categories. Lastly, we have literary magazine sites if you want to publish your shorter works.
As always, please do your research. It is essential to beware of predatory publishing practices. It would be best if you researched all publishers before submitting your work. If you need help or have questions about these issues or best practices for publishing, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Every Writer. We are always happy to help you. As always, we want the best for our writers.
Below is our complete listing of publishers. We will be adding descriptions to this list in the future. We wanted to get it out to you as so as we could. The first set of listings and reports were gathered by the editors here at Every Writer. The publishers submitted the second section. They are links to our site that give complete listings of details about each publisher. If you are a publisher and would like to submit your site, please do so on our submissions page.
Advance Publishing is a publisher of educational children’s books.
Albert Whitman & Company have been publishing children’s book since 1919. According to their site, they post about 40 titles per year and have a range of books they are interested in seeing from authors, from picture books to young adults.
Ann Arbor Publishers publishes a wide range of titles. They do children’s books with a focus on special needs.
Annic Press publishes children’s books for ages six months to young adults. They are “committed to publishing Canadian authors. You can find submission guidelines on their site.
A full publisher of Picture books for children. Two mothers who wanted to see more quality books worldwide started them.
“Bellerophon Books publishes inexpensive books of Ancient History, American History, Archeology, Native American Art and History, California History, Natural History, Music History, English Literature, and much more.”
They have been publishing for over 50 years. They are a leader in Christian fiction, plus over 75 new titles in fiction and nonfiction.
Beyond Words has been publishing since 1983. They have best-selling titles and are in over 3000 bookstores.
“Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house established in 1986. It has companies in London, New York, Sydney, and New Delhi.”
They publish Caribbean folk tales and proverbs.
“Boyds Mills Press publishes books that enlighten and entertain, reaching children primarily through bookstores, libraries, and schools.”
Publishes creative children’s book and focus on exploring the creative process.
An excellent publisher looking for your children’s book publisher. They have been publishing since 1992. They publish 100s of books and ebooks.
- August House
- Carus Publishing
- Charlesbridges Publishing
- Chelsea House Publishers
- Children’s Books
- Cinco Puntos Press
- Cobblestone & Cricket Publishing
- Crabtree Books
- David Fickling Books
- Dial Books for Young Readers
- Eerdmans Books for Young Readers
- Egmont Publishing
- Farrar, Straus and Giroux
- Firefly Books
- Flashlight Press
- Free Spirit Publishing
- Front Street Books
- Golden Books
- Gryphon House
- HarperCollins Children’s
- Hogs Back Books
- Holiday House
- Hyperion Books for Children
- I’m Safe
- Ideals Publications
- Illumination Arts
- Kane/Miller Book Publishers
- Kids @ Random
- Kids Can Press
- Learner Publishing Group
- Lee & Low Books
- Little Tiger Press
- Marshall Cavendish
- Meadowbrook Press
- Mondo Publishing
- Orchard Books
- Paintbox Press
- Parenting Press
- Peachtree Publishers
- Raincoast Books
- Raven Tree Publishing
- Scholastic Books
- Sierra Club Books
- Sleeping Bear Press
- Tan Books
- Ten Speed Press
- Tilbury House Publishers
- Top That! Publishing
- Tradewind Books
- Troll Carnival Books
- Tundra Books
- Usborne Publishing
- Workman Publishing