Please login or register. April 17, 2014, 06:54:43 AM

Author Topic: Amazon is getting it from all sides  (Read 1481 times)

Richard

• Administrator
  • Where Ever u go there you are.
    • Every Writers Resource
Amazon is getting it from all sides
« on: April 09, 2009, 02:57:08 AM »
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2009/04/08/amazon-learns-it-isnt-easy-being-the-kindles-keeper/ Amazon is getting heat from every site for the Kindle, but it is hard to say that the reasons behind the protests are unfounded. I would say the blind need access to ebooks, and I would say that 9.99$ for an ebook IS a little much. Any thoughts?

trulygreat

Re: Amazon is getting it from all sides
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 03:12:06 AM »
Amazon is becoming ever-increasingly what every other monopoly becomes - overfed and overindulged. Last year they told every POD publisher that they would have to allow Amazon to print the books. They have cut down on author's putting their book titles in their comments (though that one I can understand, as annoying as it is) and they are now cutting back on what they will pay their "associates", aka the people who advertise for them.

I see the same greedy, "I can do anything" attitude from Google lately.

Its sad, but the executives never learn from past mistakes.

Personally, I am not an eBook fan - nothing beats sitting and actually turning the pages for me, and especially not at the prices they ask.

Father Luke

Re: Amazon is getting it from all sides
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 10:55:13 PM »

(. . . )

Personally, I am not an eBook fan - nothing beats sitting and actually turning the pages for me, and especially not at the prices they ask.

Here, here.

Of course the whole Gay thing with Amazon got them quite a bit of bad publicity recently.

Still, with Amazon offering books from resellers at
a penny a piece they can't help but attract new buyers all the time.

More from me later on this, I'm sure.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke