Please login or register. April 17, 2014, 03:02:10 AM

Author Topic: Those silly creative writing program ponzi schemes.  (Read 3558 times)

jpd

Re: Those silly creative writing program ponzi schemes.
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 10:02:14 PM »
No offense meant, and I hope none taken !

You were a little reckless with the extra space-bar but I'll forgive you, Father, for your sin!   

All in good fun.   

Father Luke

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 10:08:42 PM »
lawl!

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

JoneaAbrsham

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 12:43:11 PM »
I've never decreased my, mistreatment of, the comma; nor my many failure's to punctuate successfully.    To your formerly point--  that's probably why I'm managing a webpage on the EWR web page, rather than other individuals managing a webpage ME on my own composing website!

rogergill345

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 06:32:36 PM »
I used a big amount of energy inside the education system simultaneously since a college student and since a teacher.  Nothing of which was creative authorship orientated.  But one thing I have noticed is exactly how education tends to produce individuals with equivalent 'voices' in whichever area I have been taking part in.
Indeed there will not feel one 'voice' emerging however perhaps 3 every course.  The sound of the pupil whom laps up every little thing the establishment feeds them and additionally then reflects it backside.  The vocals of the student whom rebels, but by dint of them rebelling against a particular input - indeed there turns into a 'generic' standard actually for our 'independents'.  Then the voice of the pupil that is a mix of the two.
If (because I questionable it does) this holds true for coached creative authorship, then it applies that too as indeed there being less readers inside the average population, indeed there will gradually be fewer voices in the authorship community - if or when individuals are invited to become 'educated'.  Mainly because 'taught' authors could reteach the voice the couple have discovered and whilst the pool of persons whom determine because 'writers' increase - individuality and also the ignite of originality could reduce.
Inside my experience a large number of education teaches people how to appear educated and additionally quick else.  It often penalises originality - reserving that as just for the PhD level - by which time most individuals have forgotten about exactly how to think for themselves anyway.
How's that for cynicism? 

andrewlogan09

• Discount Mattress
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 05:35:11 PM »
I don't agree with you Lin, but I won't freak out about the idea. I think that there is a lot of good that can come out of a MFA program, if that is what the writer is interested in.
Andrew Logan

gomez687

• Olive Safety | Train Online Now
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2013, 06:31:44 PM »
Father Luke, I also agree!
Joseph Gomez

andrewlogan09

• Discount Mattress
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 09:37:56 AM »
I also think what he is saying is that while the program of visitors is consistently on the reduce, the educational institutions providing MFA's in composing is improving.  When a author students with his MFA, and there is no industry that is BUYING their circumstances, where do they go next?  They become instructors for the next growth.The example of a ponzi technique seems to fit.
Andrew Logan