Please login or register. April 18, 2014, 06:02:10 PM

Author Topic: Found on the web  (Read 6222 times)

Father Luke

Found on the web
« on: May 04, 2009, 12:05:41 AM »

Lin Robinson

Re: Found on the web
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 07:23:01 PM »
That is crazy gobble de gook.

Father Luke's interest in online scams and evil writing site whores is of interest, though.

I posted here on his use of his access to Literary Mary's site to further his personal vendettas and he came in tossing feces to muddy the waters and beat the rap.

Since this Literary Mary collapsed into a mass of recrimination and filth-tossing by FL

His posts there, mostly obscenely screaming made it pretty clear that the had taken control of the site, and that he'd done so, as some surmised, by a sexual liason with the poor chick who started and ran it.

Now it's shutting down.

Con man comes in takes something over through sociopathic charisma, trashes it, walks off.

Sad,  But I've seen it before.

jpd

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 03:53:50 PM »
My opinion:  All "pay to submit" writing contests are scams.   All "pay to get your song published" schemes are scams.   Reading fees are scams.   Typesetting fees are scams (the publisher should be paying YOU for submitting a work electronically that is already type-set.)  

But that's beside the point, because Lin is just using this topic to beat the snot out of an EWR member who left the boards almost two months ago.

Says a lot about vendettas, though.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 08:06:29 PM by jpd »

Lin Robinson

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 12:10:49 AM »
Agree about the pay to publish scams.  Absolutely.

Re: Father Luke, that's a bit off.  He only joined to dis me and post a bunch of crap to try to beat the rap for my warning.

I posted this now because his name caught me eye on a "last post" list and I'd just heard about the collapse of Literary Mary.

jpd

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 05:50:59 PM »
Lin, I don't know you, and I probably am off-base.   So FL joined EWR just to torment you?   

Richard

• Administrator
  • Where Ever u go there you are.
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 10:16:31 PM »
Many times a pay to submit CONTEST is okay, if it gives a cash prize for the winner. Usually they raise the money and give it away. You find a lot of good journals that do this like the Mississippi Review and others. That is okay, sometimes. I agree that everything else is a scam.

I didn't know Literary Mary crashed? Ugh, that's a lot of lost work. I'm not sure why FB was on the boards. He posted a lot, and it helped me out for awhile. He was apt to leave though, so I'm still not sure of his motivation. There seemed to be a very heated exchange between the two of you, Lin. I don't know what the history is, but you know what's the difference. I'm just trying to run a message board.

Lin Robinson

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »
Yeh, jdb.   I posted my warning about his abuse of mail addresses (and remember, he would also have access to passwords) on four forums.

He immediately joined all of them and started throwing a fit, trying to get the threads closed.  Which, since several of the people who run forums and kind of nitwits, he managed to do.

Then he started posting this thing about my prison and pschiatric background and a few more embellishments, like everywhere--joining a dozen forums just to post that.

Once it was over, he left them all.

Now Literary Mary is gone.  As I predicted.   A sociopathic con man.  Sure, you could write it off as a "conflict" or something, but I'd suggest it's both more and less than that.  I revived the concept just for some sort of record because I'd just learned of LM's closure and read over some of the horrendous screaming and obscenity there and when I came in here, his name caught my eye.

Sorry if this offends.

Lin Robinson

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 12:01:40 AM »
Regarding payment to contests... I recommend HEAVILY against them.  They are just a lottery, really.   You're better off just submitting to zines for free than paying for contests.

Richard

• Administrator
  • Where Ever u go there you are.
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 01:09:07 AM »
As for the conflict between you and FB, I will say that I could not allow him to post personal information about you. He helped the forum by posting so much here, but that is a line I'm not willing to cross. Some forums allow that kind of stuff because it gets people going. Whatever you do outside of here is your biz.

jpd

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 10:00:58 PM »
Lin, no offense here-- just curiosity.   These boards probably aren't the place for the sort of discussion you had with FL, but there it was, and I was commenting on it too. 

Now back to the important EWR issues of the day, such as standing-headlines like: "Newspaper Publishing-- Still Dead!"