Please login or register. April 17, 2014, 12:39:27 AM

Author Topic: Shameless Promo: Poster Contest!  (Read 5705 times)

Richard

• Administrator
  • Where Ever u go there you are.
    • Every Writers Resource
Shameless Promo: Poster Contest!
« on: March 27, 2009, 04:08:55 PM »
Get your website featured on our homepage! Win a 250 word write up about your website, blog, myspace, twitter, facebook or other site on our HOME PAGE (http://www.everywritersresource.com)! 

We are looking to build a community of writers and artists, musicians and other artistic folk on the web, so in an attempt to get people posting, we are running our Posterboy! or Postergirl! contest. This contest is simple. First member to 150 posts wins!

Rules
1. You must make it to 150 posts
2. The posts have to be MEANINGFUL. This means you can't just post anything. You have to post a meaningful response. I'll judge if it is meaningful or not. I have the last say.
3. The posts cannot be repeats.
4. I will only feature artistic related content. I will not review a site for new shoes or loan services, or other sites that are not writing or art related. I will also not review any site that is inappropriate.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 04:31:03 PM by Richard »

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
Re: Shameless Promo: Poster Contest!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 04:39:13 PM »
Oh, and of course I do not count in the contest. Richard's (the admins) posts do not count.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:14:00 AM by Richard »

Father Luke

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 06:50:33 AM »
Well, I'm on it.

I'm putting a link to you on Mary after I post this.

edit:

Done -  http://literarymary.com/forum/index.php?action=links

- -
Okay,
Father Luke
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:56:26 AM by Father Luke »

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 12:10:46 PM »
Thanks, and good luck.

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 08:08:03 PM »
So far in this contest we have 4 leaders. I'm not going to name names, you know who you are, here are the top numbers: 119, 51, 50, 35. I will of course make good on the prize, whoever wins gets whatever writing or book site they want featured on the front of EWR.

Father Luke

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 06:34:58 AM »
I win.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 12:17:27 PM »
You most certainly have won! I'll post more later.  I would guess that'd you'd like Literary Mary to grace the front page of EWR, but it can be another site, if you wish. I will pm you this evening and set something up.
r

Father Luke

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 06:28:44 PM »
You most certainly have won! I'll post more later.  I would guess that'd you'd like Literary Mary to grace the front page of EWR, but it can be another site, if you wish. I will pm you this evening and set something up.
r

LiteraryMary, yes please Richard.
And thank you.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 11:41:03 PM »
Father Luke has left our boards. He had a conflict with working on two message boards at the same time. The contest is reopened.

wilddaisy666

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 03:50:33 AM »
I would enter but it would take me a long time to reach 150 meaningful posts on these boards :D

jpd

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 03:28:16 PM »
Satanic-Daisy, your sarcasm was still a "meaningful" post.  It was commentary about the state of these message boards.

What did U hope to find here?   U mind me askin?

I am constantly amazed that there are a hundred people--  self-selected writers-- who have registered at EWR.   These boards are free, there is no cost to use these boards.   We are free to write; to be wrong; to make mistakes and be US!

Tick, tick, tick

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, you hellish wildflower, and type again soon!   

:)

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 08:14:23 PM »
The boards are free, but not so heavily promoted right now. In a week EWR will become much more active. Through June all sorts of fun things will be going on here. For now I'm sorry that there isn't a lot of activity on the boards, but as JPD pointed out, if you want activity, you are more than welcome to post all you want for free:)

jpd

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 10:03:34 PM »
Richard, I'm not so sure a message board needs to be promoted, or at least the part of EWR that is intended for casual conversations and "lounge chatter."   The half that is used for promoting and networking for writers-- absolutely!    Promote away!   You have a good mix of topics here, I think.

Just my opinion, but if the boards are quiet then that is a reflection of the people registered at EWR and also the boards they are navigating.  Maybe you should ask the readers: What would make these boards a more powerful tool?   Which ones do they find useful, and which are not?   Are there too many categories and sub-topics?   

There (to me) have been a lot a great posts that have gotten lost along the way.  The link to online screenplays was a great post, and the link to common grammar mistakes was priceless!   I dunno how to organize this information any better than you have.   But it is still a flood of information, and hard to navigate and find the link later (in my opinion)

That was my 88 cents on the subject....    Maybe it's time to "ask the audience" for a lifeline? 

jpd-  just a reader of these boards...   I leave all of the Administration and god-like powers to the professionals!

Richard

• Administrator
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 02:48:40 AM »
Yeah, it took me a while to find the video link you put up before. I'll think about a restructure. I'll be on the boards a lot more in 1 week and all summer, so things should pick up, I hope. We had a lot of active members, but then people lost interest. I was, and am way to busy to keep up this week. But they or others will come.

wilddaisy666

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 07:11:14 AM »
Satanic-Daisy, your sarcasm was still a "meaningful" post.  It was commentary about the state of these message boards.

What did U hope to find here?   U mind me askin?

I am constantly amazed that there are a hundred people--  self-selected writers-- who have registered at EWR.   These boards are free, there is no cost to use these boards.   We are free to write; to be wrong; to make mistakes and be US!

Tick, tick, tick

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, you hellish wildflower, and type again soon!   

:)

A heh heh heh, that wasn't meant to be sarcasm. But I can see how you read it that way! I meant that I don't have much time on my hands being as connected as I am to many other websites and setting aside enough time just to get on the net to talk to you all! Plus, I'm still a brand new infant member, and when Richard re-opened the competition I had only posted 5 times, leaving a count of 145 more posts before I could be eligible! That's a big milestone for me.

Anyway to be polite and answer your question what I hope to find here are a bunch of great people who share the similar interest of writing, to make friends with everyone, and to have my work critiqued and to critique in return!

I like the hellish wildflower thing by the way, makes me feel dark. Ha ha ha ha :P