Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 08:11:28 AM

Author Topic: I'm NEW! We should talk  (Read 212 times)

charlie1989

I'm NEW! We should talk
« on: February 23, 2012, 08:07:40 PM »
Hi, I'm Charlie.

I'm not here to become a writer. I don't believe ever calling myself that will help me write better. In fact, it will make it worse. I write stories which I would rather call “accounts.” I try to be as strict with myself as possible in terms of truth and accuracy, but it tends to creep off the non-fiction plateau and into fiction....That doesn't matter, anyways.

Ultimately, I want the “story” to be as much of the experience for the reader as it was for the narrator, not necessarily the same experience, but one that is born through perspective, one that is only born if the narrator/“writer” allows a readers perspective. I don't like pretentious writing, do you? This is all along the lines of early Hemingway (In Our Time). I'm just laying old bricks. I want the account to be a celebration, one that gives justice to what happened and how it existed and continues to exist as is becomes the past. There is no “Why,” only “What.” It is observational without evaluation. At least, it is a concerted effort to do so.

This is the base. I just wanted to see if anybody else is interested in this type of writing. I want to swap stories, edit, and grow with other writers. I love writing. I love people. I love writing about people in correspondence with people who write. Let's do this. Let me know if you want to get to talking (typing...whatever) and eventually writing.

-Charlie