Please login or register. April 20, 2014, 07:56:34 PM

Author Topic: Putting All My Blogs in One "Basket"?  (Read 348 times)

nightwatch

Putting All My Blogs in One "Basket"?
« on: March 04, 2012, 06:42:06 PM »

I'm considering trying my hand at blogging. After quite a bit of research I still have a lot to learn but, at least, do know where to find many of the answers.

One important question I've not been able to resolve or even find a definitive source for is as follows: "If you want to blog about several completely different subjects, is it best to lump them all together on one webpage or split them up into separate sites for each subject?"

Richard

• Administrator
  • Where Ever u go there you are.
    • Every Writers Resource
Re: Putting All My Blogs in One "Basket"?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 02:56:50 AM »
This depends on what kind of website/blog you start. If it is just a personal blog, then yeah putting a bunch of ideas in one place is okay. If it is a blog or website that is meant to be helpful for others, like on writing or on a subject or issue, it is best to keep it about one subject. The reason for this is search engine placement. When you have a lot of posts about one subject Google and other search engines begin to direct more users to it for that subject.

So if you are going to start a blog about your life, it's fine to have a lot of post on many subjects. If you are going to start a blog about helping writers or about video games or whatever, if you want those people to be able to find your blog, it is a good idea to keep in on one subject. It wouldn't be a hard and fast rule, of course, sometimes the posts could be "off subject."

nightwatch

Re: Putting All My Blogs in One "Basket"?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »
 :)Thanks, Richard!

Looks like my instinct was right on this one.  Each of my contemplated blogs would pertain to one subject.  I was leaning toward a separate site for each blog.  Thank you for giving me specific reasons to do it this way.