Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 04:54:14 AM

Author Topic: aspiring writer in hollywood needs help!!!!!!!!  (Read 686 times)

thedude10

aspiring writer in hollywood needs help!!!!!!!!
« on: June 18, 2009, 09:32:01 PM »
Guys, i moved out here 8 years ago. i can't believe it's been that long. i'm a writers' assistant on a tv show sitcom. when i first moved out here, i was a PA and submitted some tv scripts i wrote to the WB workshop, and was a finalist, but since then, i've been mired in assistant hell/purgatory and don't get much writing done, and have lost the will/joy/excitement/inspiration to write. i've been fortunate to come close to selling a feature, and i've written 2 episodes of tv sitcom scripts. i guess i'm kind of lucky, but i've yet to have that "break" that pushes me over the line...

i guess what i'm asking is. i need help. perspective. i've lost hope. i need to get inspired again. my soul has been crushed out here. and while i am not the person to give up, i need to find some inspiration, a renewed perspective, you know?

can anyone help? all suggestions welcomed.

Richard

• Administrator
  • Where Ever u go there you are.
    • Every Writers Resource
Re: aspiring writer in hollywood needs help!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 06:58:36 AM »
Don't give up, of course, and I think that when I usually find myself uninspired I need to find others who are inspired. A writer's group is a great thing, or even finding others who are in the same situation. Where you are working, I would guess there are many writers with the same issue. Maybe find a few that can share their inspiration.

You can also try writing a new genre. Maybe write poetry or a short story, something that you can publish more easily. Start something new, it might take a while, but it will come back. Just keep going, and you'll find it again. If you need to make a change, make a change, but don't stop writing. Even if you are uninspired, write.