Please login or register. April 20, 2014, 11:16:03 PM

Author Topic: 16 year-old wanna-be writer  (Read 602 times)

Kirstobby

16 year-old wanna-be writer
« on: September 07, 2009, 03:34:29 PM »
I've been writing since I was quite young. I've always had a creative personality, and an open mind.
Oh, excuse me, where are my manners? My name is Kirstyn. I live in Tennessee, and I want to succeed in this
world as a Writer. I want write and publish novels, but not repeats with twists from everyone elses' idea's,
I want to have my own theme of writing. I want to absolutely amaze me, stun people. . .have fans.
WRiting has always been the one perfect escape from real life, for me. It's almost like this euphoric imagination-land type of thing. Its beautiful. It's fascinating. . Wow I don't know If I'm on the right track with this. I'm supposed to be telling you THE PEOPLE! who I am and what I'm like. . . So here I go.

I love movies, absolutely love music (indie rock, classic rock, alternative). The world makes me sad. I want to make a difference though. I really, really want to do something thing to change, to bring good, to repair the damage. And somewhere along the way my art and writings will be involved at some point with the uplifting rejuvenation. Ahhhhh.

~Kirstyn

jpd

Re: 16 year-old wanna-be writer
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 07:12:40 PM »
Hi Kirsty!

What is your definition of success?   Is it being published at any cost; or is it you happy being 100% you?   That's a serious question, kiddo!   In my opinion, don't worry about being "published" and just make your own way through life.   Work with people your age who think like you do, making films or creating plays for local theaters, etc.   Build your own "empire" and don't hold your breath waiting for the "publishing industry" to take notice of your work.   (It is an industry that is going out of business) 

If you enjoy writing then by all means do it--  do it for that reason only.