Please login or register. April 19, 2014, 11:02:21 AM

Author Topic: Novella: Travels Through Love and Time  (Read 1125 times)

cvolkoff

Novella: Travels Through Love and Time
« on: October 24, 2009, 11:58:58 PM »
This is to introduce my online novella, available at no charge on my site:
http://sites.google.com/site/chvolkoff

This is a story in three parts, about a woman's search for true love...at first she is coming of age at 14 while vacationing on a small island in the South of France, and relief from her loneliness will come from an unlikely source. Then, she is middle aged, lesbian identified and struggling with a lot of insecurities after a breakup. She meets a stranger at a cafe in Paris. Will this encounter give her what she is looking for? And what is she looking for? We might find out in the last part, where she is mature and becomes infatuated with a young woman 30 years her junior, in Venice Beach, California.

These stories are slightly erotic, but not explicit and very romantic. They will appeal to women, gay and bisexual, but also to anyone who likes a good evocative story and who loves movies...Thank you for checking it out if you can.

I am most of all interested in discussing the characters and the events in the novella. Sometimes, I think it is because I want to find out why I wrote it in the first place !

GraysonMoran

Re: Novella: Travels Through Love and Time
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 01:14:24 AM »
Pretty cool.   I'm not a lesbian myself (though I'd LOVE to be).    That free download thing is interesting.  DO you get many downloads off there?  Or is there stats so you'll know?

cvolkoff

Re: Novella: Travels Through Love and Time
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 07:53:16 PM »
Hi Grayson!

Thanks for checking out my site...yes this free download is quite good. I got about 275 downloads so far.
They do charge you for the conversion to the various formats, like $25 I think...maybe more if you want your work featured in any way. I think it is worth trying, just don't spend too much money...I never know if that's a good idea or not.

So, I got all these downloads, but yet not a single comment! And I make the book available for free JUST for the joy of getting comments. Oh well :)
So, even if you're not a lesbian (if you are a straight man, you might be the closest thing - the only comment I've had on another site was from a straight man, saying it helped him understand women. So my work was not in vain :) you might want to read the story and if you do, PLEASE leave a comment, any comment, even if you hated it!