Please login or register. April 23, 2014, 09:49:44 AM

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 1296 times)

ZTB

NaNoWriMo
« on: October 26, 2010, 12:20:09 AM »
NaNoWriMo starts in a week, and this'll be my first go at it. Anyone else participating? What about in the past, has anyone here ever won? I'm a bit nervous that I can't do it...

RLB Hartmann

Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 11:56:18 AM »
I've never entered but have seen random posts by people who have. They seem to be energized by it. How did yours turn out?

ZTB

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 06:51:04 PM »
Mine didn't turn out too great. I ran out of steam, temporally and creatively speaking. Basically, I did not do enough to prepare my WIP nor did I adequately schedule my time to include set writing periods. I wrote in random spurts, got frustrated with the lack of direction in the novel, and puttered out at around 20k words. Next year I will try again though, with my mistakes in mind.

RLB Hartmann

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 01:29:22 PM »
One reason I never entered it is that I figured that's exactly what would happen to me. All my writing is done in spurts, intuitively rather than to any set outline.

MischievousImp

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 06:50:05 PM »
I love NaNo.  I do my best in it every year.  And it's like I always tell other writers that are considering joining: it's not a matter of whether or not you can finish.  It's all about getting your mind working and getting yourself to start writing.  It's about working toward a goal and testing your own limits as a writer.  So what if you don't reach the goal?  What does that mean?  That you should try harder next time...that you should perfect your skills a bit more.  Personally, I embrace every opportunity presented to me to help improve my prowess as a writer, and I think you all should, as well.

I reached my NaNo goal two years in a row, my second and third.  This past year, however, I didn't do so great.  But remember, everyone: there will be people participating in JulNoWriMo this year.  Don't forget to get involved in that one.  <3