Please login or register. April 20, 2014, 12:19:52 PM

Author Topic: Hello from a children's author  (Read 457 times)

SusanWigden

Hello from a children's author
« on: December 11, 2011, 06:57:49 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I am so happy to have found this site.  From what I have read everyone seems so nice, and that is my main consideration when signing on.
My name is Susan and I am a former nursery school teacher and for the past six years I am a picture book and mid-grade novel author.  My husband and I live half the year in Florida and half in New York.  You probably have already guessed which half we spend in Florida.

Children are still very much in my life and I would not have it any other way. My husband (former teacher and also co-author to one of my books) travels with me to schools where we do an interactive reading of my rhyming picture books, as well as an author process talk.

Everyone wants to encourage reading, but I also want to encourage children to have fun and use their imaginations.  My two novels were written with a purpose in mind, and that was to re-connect the generations through mutual respect and trust.  I am sad to say it appears (in my opinion) that children do not have as much involvement with seniors as they did years ago.  When I go to schools I talk to children about connecting with their elders.  I also tell them I don't write about vampires.

Anyhow, if you care to take a look at my website, please do, and thank you!  It is www.swigden.com  Be sure to click on the photos to see the countless number of children I have been fortunate enough to meet.  And by the way, if you care to order any of my autographed books, I will also do a free webcam visit for that special child in your life. 

I wish all of you the best and hope to continue connecting.   Susan Wigden   

MeJustice

Re: Hello from a children's author
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 02:44:23 AM »
Hi! I was just wondering what your query letters look like, do you care to share them?  I like to study authors and pin point what works and what doesn't in a good query.  I was also wondering if I could ask you some other questions about your writing. 

-Elna