Please login or register. April 20, 2014, 09:59:09 AM

Author Topic: Is the internet good for writers?  (Read 3223 times)

Lin Robinson

Is the internet good for writers?
« on: June 25, 2009, 05:36:00 AM »
Let me suggest that if the whole area of writing and internet has any interest to you that you approach this article with serious attention. This is not some about.com list of tiparoonies: it's interviews with some very, very heavy writers who have pioneered a lot of current litature and internet as well.

Including my old ally Adam Parfrey, a fearsomely warped and relevant investigator. His internet comments here are the slightest of the bunch: he's a print freak and Feral House is about as freaky as print books get.

http://www.10zenmonkeys.com/2007/10/05/is-the-net-good-for-writers/

Richard

• Administrator
  • Where Ever u go there you are.
    • Every Writers Resource
Re: Is the internet good for writers?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 06:36:36 AM »
This article is awesome, thanks Lin. I too, like some of these writers think it is a mixed blessing. It's so easy now, I think it makes writing seem like less of a skill. I think email, and txt and so much communication degrades what it is sometimes to be a writer. I remember reading letters when I was young (Jefferson) and thinking how amazing he was to have written something like this, in fact writing was much more of a mystery back then to many people I think, and now everyone is always writing something.

Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 09:20:28 AM »
Of course the Internet is very good for a writers. As i know a lot of writers became somebody from nobody since there are millions of readers around the world can easily access to internet nowaday. Besides, the responds and feedbacs from the readers can get in just a very short time.
all the best writers.......

AbelRoss

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 06:51:58 AM »
I think internet is on of the best option for the writers and their publicity as internet is one of the growing platforms for each thing.

Richard

• Administrator
  • Where Ever u go there you are.
    • Every Writers Resource
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 07:13:30 AM »
I agree AbelRoss!

tompuckett

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 08:55:15 AM »
There are thousands of websites over the Web for blogging and article submissions, these websites provide an convenient and user-friendly platform to all the writers to explore their knowledge to the world.