Thinking about becoming a freelance writer? Here are top reasons to make the first step! Learn about outstanding chances you are losing when still hesitating to start your freelancing path.
1. You will learn something new with every article/post you write.
2. You won’t have to dress up each morning to get to work. You will write in comfortable clothes in any environment that motivates you to do your best work.
3. You can’t get bored by freelance writing. The diversity of topics will keep you amused.
4. You always wished to travel? Now you can do that without quitting your job. You’ll make enough money to cover the expenses of the journeys along the way.
5. You can establish a decent online reputation through freelance writing.
6. The demand for freelance writers is always high!
7. You can use any type of degree, knowledge, and interests as a foundation for your freelance writing career.
8. You always dreamed about writing a bestseller? Freelancing is a great way to start. Even if you achieve moderate success with the books you publish, they will bring you a decent extra income in the upcoming years.
9. You’ll be getting as much personal time as you need.
10. The economy trends in your country won’t affect your steady income.
11. Since you love writing, you won’t be stuck with a job that doesn’t give you any pleasure.
12. You won’t have a frustrated superior bossing you around.
13. If you just finished college, this job will help you grow into a responsible adult without feeling pressured by strict work codes.
14. When you manage to pay the bills through freelance writing, you can finally devote yourself to another career that doesn’t pay much, but completes you as a person. For example, you can focus on your paintings, study to become a yoga instructor, or become a personal fitness trainer.
15. You can collect your articles from the same niche and publish them in the form of an eBook.
16. A better writer is a better speaker. Through regular practice, you will improve your overall argumentative skills.
17. You can become a factor of influence through freelance writing.
18. Exploring your passions and presenting that knowledge to the world will turn you into a more accomplished person.
19. You like working late? No problem; you can create a schedule that works for you.
20. The payment won’t be fixed; and that’s an advantage! No one will expect you to do more work for the same payment.
21. You can make business contact in the niche of your interest.
22. You don’t have a clear idea of what you want to be in future? Freelance writing gives you an opportunity to explore different areas of interest and discover your purpose.
23. You can pick the topics you write about.
24. This doesn’t have to be a full-time job. If you already have a job, you can make a decent additional income through part-time freelancing.
25. All you need is a PC or laptop with a solid Internet connection. No other investments are needed for this job.
26. Self-employed writers enjoy considerable tax benefits.
27. You won’t get stressed by a compressed working schedule.
28. The greatest danger of office jobs is routine. Freelance writing won’t lead to such thing.
29. The feedback from your readers and clients will help you grow as a writer.
30. You can publish your own opinions, research and evaluations on particular topics.
31. If your aim is to become a published author, freelancing will be a great stepping stone.
32. This is a job where you can’t get fired. If a client terminates a contract, you can proceed to the next opportunity with ease.
33. If you decide to stop working for a client, you can easily do that without going through a lengthy legal procedure.
34. On days when you feel burned out, you can work on simpler projects that don’t need much research.
35. Depending on your contracts, you’ll get payments after completing each job. The feeling to be rewarded almost every day is great!
36. The clients will usually allow you to choose how you approach a particular topic. You can feel free to express approval, constructive criticism, or funny opinions when working on a project.
37. Freelance writing enables you to make more money than a starting office position would provide.
38. You won’t have to stick to office hours.
39. You’ll learn how to recognize scam writing jobs easily. Once you gain some experience, you’ll identify the serious clients right away.
40. You don’t have to work actively all the time. If you have too many expenses this month, you can do more work and take a slower pace next month.
41. Freelance writing is a resume-worthy experience.
42. You’ll explore issues you didn’t know enough about.
43. The collaboration with international clients will expand your horizons.
44. Freelance writing is a source of constant motivation and inspiration.
45. Do you love comics, business, travel, adventure, health, yoga, or cosmetics? You can always write about topics you’re passionate about!
46. If you don’t like being limited to a specific area of specialty, you can work on different projects.
47. If you manage your time properly, you’ll get the time to work, cook, socialize, exercise, and sleep every day.
48. You can make a decent income if you start a blog. Freelance writing will provide you with enough experience for that.
49. A regular writing practice makes you more intelligent.
50. This job can be a stepping stone towards more ambitious business plans. You can start your own limited company once you gain enough experience.
Kelly Marone is an aspiring freelance writer with five years. Traveler. Always open for new challenging opportunities.
Richard Edwards has a BFA in Creative Writing and Journalism from Bowling Green State University and an M.S. in Education from the University of Akron. Managing editor of Drunk Duck, poetry editor for Prairie Margins, reporter for Miscellany, Akron Journal, Lorain Journal…check our About Us page for more. Also here is info on our On Classic Articles