Welcome to our search for the Great 50 Word Horror Story of All Time. This is a user/reader centered contest. We are looking for the great short short horror story, and we want you to write it, and in fact be the one who decides which story is promoted. This IS a contest, like all of our other contest, but it is much different.
Here are the rules for the contest:
- Publish any 50 word story below that you have written
- It is ok to take stories you wrote from our other contests and put them here
- Post as many stories as you want
- You must be the author to post
- Do not cheat, cheating will be removed
- Vote for the best story, you can vote for you own
- Vote only one time for each story
- Plagiarism will be removed.
- The contest will run for 1 year ending on Feb 10, 2020
- Stories must be up to 50 words no more!
- Must write your story in the comment
Prizes for the winner:
- 1000$ in promotions on our site
- associate contributor to EWR if so desired
- Be hailed as the having written the best 50 word story of all time
We will be looking for the best stories, but remember, people are voting on this contest. I will not be in control of the winner.
After 1 year we plan on continuing this contest. Over time, we will surely have The Greatest 50 Word Horror Story Published here.
I am really looking forward to your submissions! Publish as many stories as you want, and vote!!
Richard Edwards has a BFA in Creative Writing and Journalism from Bowling Green State University and an M.S. in Education from the University of Akron. Managing editor of Drunk Duck, poetry editor for Prairie Margins, reporter for Miscellany, Akron Journal, Lorain Journal…check our About Us page for more. Also here is info on our On Classic Articles