MidAmerican Fiction & Photography
From the Editor
Currently MidAmerican Fiction & Photography has a few editors who also have full time lives and jobs away from MAFP. The magazine was founded to serve the literary and reading community of what we perceive to be an underrepresented demographic in the literary and publishing world. Maybe it is, and maybe that is just our perception. We charge nothing for the magazine or submissions and we make no money.
The United States Census Bureau defines the American Midwest as: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
We are lovers of fiction and photography and the Midwest. We have wide, sometimes extensive education and experience in a wide range of subjects, including writing, literature and the arts. We like a good story and we like a good photograph. We also recognize that our taste is not all inclusive and will strive to present work that may not always be what we have experienced before.
• We will accept submissions until we get backed up. We will publish as often as several times a week or as few as once a week.
• Either the story must take place in the American Midwest or the author must be from the Midwest. See above for definition of the American Midwest.
• We do not pay at this time.
• Loose word count maximum is 8000 words.
• Any genre except erotica.
• Not particular about formatting. Readable font and readable format. If we can’t read it we won’t.
• Our goal is to get back to you within two weeks.
• What we really don’t want to read: graphic violence, sex, or excess profanity. We aren’t prudes and don’t care if violence, sex, or profanity exist in the context of a story, but nothing gratuitous or over the top.
• Either the photo(s) must take place in the American Midwest or the photographer must be from the Midwest. See above for definition of the American Midwest.
• Email no more than three (3)photos as attachments in .jpg format to MAFP@comcast.net. Please include a bio and give us an explanation of the photo (s) in your email: what it is, where taken, when, etc.
• Do not send any photography of anyone under the age of eighteen (18).
• Do not send photography of graphic violence or illegal acts.
• We intend to let you know within two weeks.
We are open to genres of any kind of writing except erotica.
We are strongly considering before and after submissions. Send us the story as you first wrote it and then again in its final form.
Editors Name William D Baker
Print publication? No
Do you take online submissions? Yes
Submission Guidelines URL MAFP@comcast.net
Approx. Response Time? 2 Weeks
How often do you publish? One to three times per week
Year Founded? 2016
Do you pay? No