Clementine Poetry Journal
From my the Editor
Clementine Poetry Journal publishes a small selection of poetry each month online and a companion printed journal twice a year. Poets we’ve recently featured include: Anne Britting Oleson, William Doreski, Yu-Han Chao, Thomas Zimmerman, and Corey Mesler. We’re drawn to well-crafted poems that are attentive to language and music—whether formal, free verse, language/experimental, or prose poem.
Fast response times, usually within a week or two. The $3 submission fee helps defray expenses of publishing the annual volume and sending a free copy to contributors. Read current work online to see the types of poems we’ve published.
• Submit up to five previously unpublished poems in one document, with one poem per page.
• Acceptable formats are .docx, .doc, .rtf, .pdf, and .txt.
• Include your name and contact info in the document.
• Add a cover letter in the Cover Letter field, and include a short biographical blurb (100 words max, written in third person).
• Simultaneous submissions are okay, but please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if your work is accepted elsewhere.
• Please wait for a response before submitting again.
If your work is chosen for publication, it will appear on the main page of the Clementine website for one month, after which it will remain available in the Archives for a year. In either July or January, depending on which 6-month period your poem was published online, your work will be included in a print-on-demand volume available for inexpensive purchase (or, if we collect enough in submission fees to allow it, we will mail a free copy to each contributor). Purchase of the print volume is absolutely not required for publication.
Well-crafted poems that are attentive to language and music—whether formal, free verse, language/experimental, or prose poem.
We accept submissions year-round on any subject.
Editors Name GF Boyer
Print publication? Yes
Do you take online submissions? Yes
Submission Guidelines URL https://clementinepoetryjournal.submittable.com/submit
Approx. Response Time? 2 weeks or less
How often do you publish? Once a month online; twice a year in print
Year Founded? 2014
Do you pay? No